When accepting such an award there are often strings attached to it, for with recognition comes responsibility. In this case, one is pleasantly requested to sprinkle the award among ten other bloggers whom one considers to be stylish, too, and therefore worthy of such recognition.
But what is one to do when so many of the choices that first spring to one's mind are already taken by one's nominating bloggers, and by others, too? How many times can one blogger be awarded the same award, I ask?
The answer is that one must accept that many worthy recipients are already spoken for, and one must dig down into one's treasure trove of "must reads" to find, and then appropriately recognize, those who strike a stylish chord and who keep one coming back for more—and who haven't yet been chosen, to the best of one's knowledge, for such celebration.
But first I'm going to play around with the rules a little bit. To whit:
- Thank and link back to the person(s) who awarded you—I have done that;
- Share seven things about yourself—I've already done that before, too, see here;
- Award ten other bloggers—If I did that my list would be repetitive with others', so I'm only awarding five today;
- Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award—That's next on my "to do" list;
Interestingly, all five bloggers I selected are—I believe—gay men, and who often, although not exclusively by any means, explore subjects of heightened interest to such, uh, fellows. But that is, I believe, coincidental. What is not coincidental is that each of the bloggers chosen are what I consider to be stylish ones, and whose blogs are full of wonderful pictures, thought-provoking content, and well-written prose.
And so here they are, in strict alphabetical order:
- Hibernian Homme is a stylish young man whose blog regularly features the works of English writers and artists (and a lot more) of the interwar years, and who is moving to Milan from New England in just a few weeks. Reggie looks forward to following his journey there;
- Red Mug, Blue Linen presents luscious photography, often of young men (and some of which is at times a bit racy, so be forewarned), along with lyrically beautiful prose and poetry that keeps Reggie returning—even though he admits there are times that he is not absolutely sure he entirely understands what the author is writing about;
- Stirred, Straight Up, with a Twist drolly features amusing (and sometimes rather wicked) photographs of stars of the stage and screen of days gone by, frequently accompanied by hilarious, information-packed reporting by its stylish author on the subject at hand;
- The Haunted Lamp showcases an eclectic mix of images of vintage objects and paraphernalia—much of it owned by the stylish young man who writes the blog, photographs of lost mid-century retail and theatrical architecture and interiors, and antique postcards and other ephemera;
- We could grow up together is the stylish output of a young fashion photographer that gorgeously chronicles his life and work traveling all over the world in pursuit of his very stylish profession;
Image of the always stylish Tinker Bell courtesy of Walt Disney Entertainment